There are three main places that energy settings must be imported:
- Microscope Energy
- Microscope Alignments
- FEG Registry
- Gatan Settings
Step 1 - Microscope Energy
- Close the column valves.
- Close any instance of EPU that is running.
- Set the energy.
Setup Tab >> High Tension >> 200 kV. If you expand the High Tension tab, you will see the high tension move to 200 kV and stabilize.
Step 2 - Load Alignments
- Open the
- Select the appropriate alignments file (e.g. the most recent 200 kV settings).
- Available settings will propagate in the "available" window. Select all of them by clicking on one, then hitting
Ctrl+A. Click the
<arrow to move the selected parameters to those being used.
- Wait overnight for the microscope to stabilize before collecting data. Some preliminary work can be done once the energy has stabilized.
- Perform a quick beam center. Lift the screen.
Direct Alignments >> Beam Shift, adjust with Multifunction X and Y on the control pad, then click
Doneon the Direct Aligments tab.
Step 3 - FEG Registry
- Set the FEG Controls.
FEG Control >> Gun Lens. Set the gun lens (5 for 200 kV; 4 for 300 kV). Confirm that the settings have been applied in the scope settings window.
- Load the FEG Registry.
FEG Register. Select the appropriate registry (e.g. the most recent 200 kV settings). Click
Step 4 - Setup Gatan Camera
- Activate the Filter Control Menu.
Help >> User Mode >> Power User.
Window >> Filter Control
- Save the current settings. Look for the 💾 icon near the bottom of the Gatan Filter Control window.
- Change the energy as appropriate.
- Load the settings (📂 icon near the bottom of the Gatan Filter Control Window).
- Center the ZLP.